Friday, December 25, 2015

25 weeks

Tomorrow, I will have been pregnant for 25 weeks. Everything has been going smoothly. I didn't have morning sickness at all. The first trimester I was definitely tired, and felt like I'd wake up in the morning wondering when I could take a nap. I stayed physically active during that time, which helped a lot. I've picked up two different colds at times. The first round lasted about 3 weeks, and the most recent time it went away after about three days. Thanks echinacea tincture!

At 20 weeks, we had our anatomical screening ultrasound, which showed that all the essential parts are present... cerebellum, palette, four-chambered heart, kidneys, etc. We're trying to keep the baby's gender a surprise and the technician was great about telling us when to look away so that we wouldn't accidentally find out. People ask us if we know the gender, and often when we say we're letting it be a surprise they follow up with their own prediction based on any number of wives' tales. Mark enjoys this more than I do. I feel very strongly that I don't want to know the gender or even think I know the gender, partially because of a Gender and Women's Studies class I took a while back. In the class we learned that people talk to and act differently with babies, even unborn ones, when they know (or think they know) the gender.

1 comment:

  1. Erica! I keep forgetting you won't be in Kalamazoo the next time I go back. I'm glad you are sharing your pregnancy experience on your blog so your friends can stay up to date! Congrats on two years in remission! Congrats and lots of love and hugs to you and Mark and you little one!

    ReplyDelete