The journey of Erica Barajas: artist, musician, community organizer, sister, daughter, and wife.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
#5 Tomorrow
I notice that I haven't written for a while. It's partially because I've continued to stay busy even with school being out for the summer, but it's also because I'm ready to have this chapter of my life over with already. I am grateful that I haven't had too many major side effects of chemo, especially the nausea that I might have had. The main effects I continue to feel are hot flashes, some neuropathy in the fingertips of my right hand, and a general sense of fatigue. It takes me a long time to complete simple tasks I used to breeze through. My brain feels a little bit like a hard drive that has too many programs running at the same time. I'm looking forward to having a lighter work load sometime in the next few months as we hire a new permanent executive director, but I've still got to make it through that transition. The farmers' market I organize starts next week. I've been slowly chipping away at schoolwork from last semester since I earned three "incomplete" grades. I'm hoping to join an exercise program next month at the YMCA that's organized by the Livestrong Foundation- free personal training! It's nice to be able to say that I'm two thirds of the way through chemo, and I will be very relieved when I get PET scan results in July that say I'm cancer free. I'm hopeful that that will be the scenario, and get a little terrified when I think of the alternatives so I try not to do that. Well, I better get to sleep- need to be at the cancer center tomorrow morning for blood tests and consultation before I get infused... thanks for checking in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment