Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ouch

Yesterday's procedures went way better than I anticipated them to be, but now the recovery is more painful than I expected. I'm not taking any prescription pain meds like I did after the last two biopsy surgeries so it's just me and extra strength Tylenol and a bunch of reclining. My lower back aches only when I need to move around, but a rather large area around the port aches pretty constantly plus I have limited mobility of my right arm and my neck until the port gets settled in. In a week I'll go back to the hospital for a "port site check" and hopefully will get my biopsy incision checked at the ENT that day, too. I'm hoping to have bone marrow biopsy and spinal tap results by the end of the week, which will be sent to my oncologist and I'll have to call her to get the results. Or maybe she'll call me when the results come in. The sensations from yesterday's procedures are making me grateful that this will be resolved before I start treatment, so that there will be stages to the different unpleasantries instead of having to deal with them all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment