Just got back from my first visit with the lymphoma specialist here in Kalamazoo. I'm a bit in shock, but what we heard today wasn't particularly worse than I was expected. The PET scan showed that there are indeed cancer cells in my neck where the lymph nodes were removed two weeks ago and also in the Waldeyer's ring but not anywhere else in my body. At this point, the pathology reports have confirmed that it is an aggressive (rather than indolent) type of B-cell lymphoma, so it's good that it has been identified so that we can treat it as soon as possible. Radiation is not used for this kind of diagnosis, so I will soon be getting a port installed in my chest and will be receiving chemotherapy for about 6 months. Before that begins, I need to get a bone marrow biopsy and spinal tap to finish up the staging diagnosis as well as some blood work and genetic analysis of the lymph tissue that's already been removed. I also need to go through some fertility steps to make sure that I can still pop out a few kids once this is dealt with. I'll write more once this has all sunk in a little more. Please send your positive thoughts into the universe for me if you can, and for all who are in need of them. Thank you.
May you be filled with loving kindness
May you be well
May you be peaceful and at ease
May you be happy
-metta practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment