The journey of Erica Barajas: artist, musician, community organizer, sister, daughter, and wife.
Monday, July 22, 2013
New information
My oncologist called me today at 4:45pm and said that after reviewing my file over the weekend, she recommends that we don't just wait around to see what happens. So I will meet again with an ENT and the oncologist at U of M, and may pursue a third opinion from another institution. The concern is that the particular genetic mutations that were identified before I started chemo were complex, and since they haven't necessarily responded fully to treatment, my doctor wants to make sure we act proactively rather than reactively. I had just gotten used to the idea of having a break from treatment for 2-3 months, and it sounds like that may not be the case. I at least will have to spend some time in doctors' offices but it sounds like a good idea to get more information and get more experts involved in figuring out the next steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment