The journey of Erica Barajas: artist, musician, community organizer, sister, daughter, and wife.
Saturday, July 20, 2013
PET Scan #3 Results
Went in to get the results of my first post treatment PET scan yesterday. There is still an enlarged lymph node with "abnormal" sugar uptake in the same spot. It is smaller than it was the last time I was scanned, which was after two rounds of R-CHOP. But it's not gone. So the plan is to wait 2-3 months and scan again. During that time, hopefully the remaining cancer cells will try to divide, and finding their DNA jacked up from the R-CHOP, they will self-destruct. I am definitely disappointed and mildly freaked out, but I am grateful that the lymph node was at least smaller and not bigger than before. My oncologist says we're okay as long as the lymph node continues to get smaller. If it starts to grow again, then I will need to get radiation and/or further chemotherapy. During the next few months I will focus on rebuilding my immune system and my physical strength and wellness. Thank you for your support during this first phase of treatment. I've received countless cards, gifts, and meals without any strings attached. I wish I had the time and energy to respond to each offering, but this will have to do for now. Please know that I greatly appreciate knowing that I've got a team of people routing for me! I hope that I can share better news after my next scan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment