Thursday, February 28, 2013

Information Day

Wow, we got a lot of information today, including the great news that we now have six fertilized eggs on file with the University of Michigan! It is a relief to know that all the injections and driving time really paid off. I had an echocardiogram this morning which was really entertaining. My mom and I got to see what my heart looks like through ultrasound from various angles, and got to listen to the sound of each valve swishing around in there. Then we met up with Mark at the cancer center and set a date for chemo to start. My first infusion will take place on Monday, and we'll find out how long it takes based on how well my body tolerates the meds. It is possible that I'll need to stay overnight. It feels good to be moving forward- that much closer to being cancer-free!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 6 fertilized eggs! That must have been fascinating watching your own heart.

    We're sending lots of good thoughts for your first infusion today. You're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete